Monday, October 15, 2012

Bacon Burgers

My family loves these!! 

2 lbs ground beef (I prefer grass-fed/finished, but if that is not available, an 85/15 fat blend works best)
1/2 pound bacon
loads of bacon grease

Use kitchen sheers to cut bacon in half lengthwise, then chop into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch pieces (or there abouts)

Cook bacon until about half done in skillet. Pour bacon and grease into bowl with ground burger. Mix and patty. 

Melt bacon grease in skillet at medium heat and place patties in pan. Cover pan with lid to cut down on mess and speed cooking. Flip when bottom starts to brown. Continue cooking/flipping until burgers are done. Keep adding bacon grease as the pan starts to dry out - this will prevent the burgers from burning. 

I enjoy these with barbecue sauce (again, my 20%) but my kids like them with cheese and ketchup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment