Monday, October 15, 2012

Welcome to my new adventure

Welcome to my new adventure! My name is Jenn. I am a wife and a mother of two kids. I am writing this blog to chronical the results of a Primal/Paleo focused diet for my family. I have been following Primal/Paleo guidelines since March 2012 and have seen tremendous changes, with many more changes to come I am sure.

My family needs a Paleo intervention. My husband and I both have a significant amount of weight we need to lose in order to reach a healthy weight and body composition. I am still 40+ lbs overweight, and my husband is easily 80+ overweight. Having already lost nearly 40 lbs, I know that this is the way for us to go.


My children are not yet overweight, they are "solid". I know that this lifestyle could prevent them from gaining weight and developing poor eating habits that result in unhealthy conditions.


The focus of this blog, however, is going to be on my children's behaviors and whether or not food intolerances are playing a role. The first "trigger" to be tackled will be gluten. My son will be the first "guinea pig" if you will. My daughter will be my second because we have more obstacles to tackle with her - i.e. daycare.


More indepth descriptions of the members of my family and our "ailments" are to come. I hope you'll stick around, learn about us and help us through our trials to becoming a happier, healthier family.


No comments:

Post a Comment